Multiple payment methods is now generally available for all merchants and we have launched a number of improvements to the customer portal experience focused on making it easier than ever for customers to make payment and shipping address updates.
- When customers make a shipping address change or payment method change to one of their subscriptions, they are prompted to make the change for all other associated subscriptions OR the single subscription.
- If customers want to adjust the shipping address or payment method on file from the subscriptions page and they don't see the option they are looking for they are prompted to add a new one.
- If customers have multiple payment methods on file they can bulk move subscriptions from one payment method to another.
- Improved handling for when a customer has no payment method or shipping address on file and improved error handling overall
- Shipping and payment information is updated separately.
- New translations are available for any of the new out-of-the-box text, to empower merchants to create a cohesive brand voice throughout the customer portal.
Note: A new theme engine version will be released shortly.
- Multiple payment methods are the default for all new stores
- Shopify Checkout: Generally available and the default for all stores
- Migrated Shopify Checkout: Generally available and the default for all stores
- Recharge Checkout on Shopify and BigCommerce: Generally available, if you are using a customer portal that supports Single Payment Methods reach out to support if you would like to upgrade!
Where can I learn more?
For more information on how to get started, check out our support documentation here.